Most of us grew up knowing only the seven colors of the rainbow. You would be forgiven If this is the kind of information you hold dear as far as the concept of colors is concerned. While this may be true, it is worth mentioning that there are a ton of subsidiary colors that can be derived from primary colors through the careful blending of different colors. For instance, Magenta is a color obtained by mixing yellow and red colors. So how do you make fuchsia paint? This article will give you a step by step guide on how to make the fuchsia paint through the mixing of colors. Read on to find out more about this topic.
Colors that Make up the Fuchsia color
To start us off, it is important to know the constituent colors that make up the Fuchsia color. Fuchsia is a characteristic of the fuchsia flower plant. The plant got its name from a German botanist known as Leonhart Fuchs but it was later renamed Magenta.
The color wheel indicates the closeness of Fuschia and Magenta color and they are obtained by mixing red and blue. Fuchsia has a distinct purple while the red color is dominant in Magenta.
Fuchsia color is commonly regarded as hot pink color with a sparkling pink and light purple. A careful blend of purple and red color produces Fuchsia color.
Steps follow when mixing to make Fuchsia paint
To produce the desired color from mixing paints, you need to take into account the requirements of the whole exercise. Knowing how to mix different paints in the right proportions will help you to get accurate results. Let us look at the key steps to follow when mixing paint to make Fuchsia paint.
- Put an equal amount of the color red, blue white and black on the mixing surface and work your way toward the centre while blending the colors
- Scope a sizable amount of both red and blue paint using a coloring brush and blend them thoroughly to form a deep purple color.
- Add a little bit of white paint into the mixture to bring out a distinctive fuchsia color. It should be a combination of pink and purple colors
- You will need to add the red color to the mixture to deepen the red-purple mixture and produce a deep red-pink color ( fuchsia).
An alternative method on how to make Fuchsia paint
Mix pink and red colors in equal amounts on your mixing surface. Make use of your painting tools to carry out this exercise and ensure the mixture produces a uniform color. The resultant color must be purple. Add the color red to the mixture and mix thoroughly to make it pink.
Pick the right red to use. There are many tones of the color red which is why you should carefully select a good fit to give you the color you need. Put your color mixing skills into use to help you come up with the right tone of the color red.
Observe the intensity of your purple paint. You need to discern the correct color of fuchsia by adding in bits the color purple to the mixture to reduce the darkness. Add a little white to the final blend to make the paint fuchsia neutral.
Key Takeaways for you
- Pick the right red to use. There are many tones of the color red which is why you should choose the right tone for red color. Put your color mixing skills into use to help you come up with the right tone of the color red.
- On your mixing surface, place a sizable amount of red color and observe as it turns pink. This will help you to determine the intensity and quantity of pink you will require
- Put a little bit of white paint on top of the red paint and mix. Continue adding the color white until you neutralize the color red to fit your needs.
- Blend the two colors thoroughly until a distinct pink color begins to form, add a little more white to brighten the hue of pink color. If you use a darker red color, you will need to use more of the color white to remove unnecessary dullness from the color pink.
- Add Yellow color to the pink color to make it a little more light and then add blue to the final color to create the color fuchsia or Magenta.
- Note that using an excess red will darken the pink color and using more of the color white will lighten the pink color.
- It is proper to use coloring however, you can not remove it and therefore you need to start with bits of the pigments.
- To obtain light pink, you need to use a smaller quantity of red since using more red will darken the mixture.
- Get into the habit of adding white colors into your red colors to avoid darkening the color white whenever you are dealing with paint.
Understanding how to properly mix colors can give you an upper hand as a painting artist. You will be more knowledgeable when making designs and colorings. You need to have a good grasp of the various types of color tones and apply your analytical skills in painting.
Since the fuchsia color is red, you will need to begin with the color red and then put the color blue a little at a time while stirring to form a uniform mixture. You could also start with the color magenta because it is a reddish kind of paint. Certain paints such as cadmium have large particles and should be avoided.
Finally, ensure you pick the right tone of the color red to use. There are many tones of the color red which is why you need to carefully select the right shade that will give you the color fuchsia. Put your color mixing skills into use to help you come up with the right tone of the color red. Enjoy your painting!