Bookshelves are very useful and so easy to restore, it’s considered an easy DIY project. Most people go for a classic white look, so in this article, we will share the best white paint for bookshelves.
White paint color is very popular when it comes to restoring or renewing the paint of your bookshelves and it’s also very suitable. It is considered a classic look but also, white color can add a modern vibe to it. Whether your bookshelves are big or small, it is definitely a great idea to repaint them and brighten up your space a little.
The right paint will come in handy when working on your bookshelves, as it should be durable enough to protect the bookshelves while adding the desired finish. Bookshelves are great for organizing your area and can become a very decorative item, so having them look their best will always beautify your area. This is the reason why we want to always choose a trusted brand when it comes to painting and enhancing those bookshelves to achieve the best results possible.
Who Needs This Product?
You may have considered buying a brand-new bookshelf or not but most would agree that renovating a bookshelf, may be the most affordable choice. You may also think about the time you may need to invest in renovating your bookshelf but this has many advantages. You will be able to save lots o time searching for the ideal bookshelves at the perfect price plus renovating your already owned bookshelf will allow you to choose a color of your choice.
Also, hiring someone to get the job done for you, may add costs to your budget so learning the basics of painting may come in really handy, especially if there are other items you can use your painting skills on. The product is considered very easy to use and comes with simple instructions. It is also very affordable but will provide you with that professional finish look you’re looking for. So, if you’re into DIY projects this product is definitely for you.
Who will be benefited from this article?
There are so many options available in regards to paints when it comes to renewing your bookshelves so choosing the right paint may be confusing for you. This guide is meant to help you with that and make choosing the right paintless confusing for you. Here we mention the best paint options available when it comes to painting your bookshelves and explain the basic features of the products. This will help you understand what the paint is intended to do which will help you choose the right paint much easier.
The article will also serve as a buying guide as we provide details of the best paint options available at the most convenient prices. We will share best practices when using the paint so that you may achieve the best results, so to get this information make sure you read the article until the end for top tips and also to get answers to frequently asked questions.
Top 2 Best White Paint For Bookshelves
This list of the top best white paints was made to narrow down the many options you may have available in regards to paint and provide you with the best suitable option for your bookshelf. The list also details the features and value of each product, so let’s take a look at each one of them.
But if you like other paint more than white, you can read Best Paint for wood bookshelves.
1. FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Paint: Best For White Chalk Finish
This product offers you a white chalk finish and will make your bookshelf a stand-out piece. The paint is considered one of the best options for white furniture and it’s widely recommended by professionals because of its rich texture consistency and great blending formula.
- FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Furniture & Craft Paint comes available in different sizes to make choosing the right size an available option based on your needs.
- The paint offers a quick-drying process to save you lots of time while providing a smooth and easy-to-clean surface.
- It is recognized as a trustable brand that has been around for a while and it has also become a favorite to many artists in the crafting world.
- It is also specifically designed for interior decorations and it dries to an ultra-matte finish which is the best feature of the product.
- Its rich texture makes it easy to use with no specific technique required when painting.
- The product is considered to be affordable and a little goes a long way.
- It provides an elegant look to your furniture pieces.
- Minimal surface prep is required before applying the paint
- It offers a durable matte finish
- Perfect coverage
- Long-lasting results
- High-quality product
- Easy application method
- May dry a bit too fast
Reasons to Buy
The product offers great quality at an affordable price plus a little goes a long way. It is one of the best options available when it comes to chalk paint and one of the best brands in the market. FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Furniture & Craft Paint is the perfect paint for your bookshelf DIY project and great to have around in case you may need it for your other furniture pieces.
2. Apple Barrel White Paint: Best Paint for Matte Finish
Apple Barrel White Paint is best known for its versatility and ability to be used on different types of surfaces. It provides excellent coverage and dries to a matte finish. The Apple Barrel product is recognized as a high-quality brand plus it is AP certified, meaning it is very safe to use. All these features make the product a top trusted brand for your bookshelf painting project.
- Its acrylic-based formula allows it to be used on most porous surfaces such as wood, craft foam, and terracotta.
- Its water-based formula makes it easy to clean with non-abrasive cleaners.
- Apple Barrel White Paints only needs one or two coats for a bright, perfect, and beautiful finish which is great for saving time.
- Allow 1 hour in between coats for the paint to fully dry before applying additional coats.
- Recommended for indoor use only.
- The recommended value brushes and tools are great to have handy.
- Performs beautifully on different surfaces.
- Affordable and lasts long.
- A little goes a long way.
- Water-based makes it easy to clean
- It offers great value for your money
- Perfect coverage
- Long-lasting formula
- High-quality paint
- Easy to clean
- May not wash out well from clothes.
Reasons to Buy
Made from the purest pigment available, Apple Barrel White Paint is one of the best of its kind. Most of its products are rated excellent which makes it one of the best brands to consider when painting your bookshelf.
Things to Consider When Painting Bookshelves
Enhancing your furniture pieces is very important since it can brighten up your space and give it a fresh look. Adding new paint is also a great way to give maintenance to your bookshelves. Renewing your bookshelves can be achieved in simple steps so If you’re the hands-on type of person then you know that learning some basic techniques when it comes to painting, is very important to attain the results you’re looking for.
In this buying guide, we will detail some basic factors to help you buy the best paint that is more suitable for your needs.
The Perfect Kind of White Paint for Bookshelves
Quality of the Paint
FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Furniture & Craft Paint and Apple Barrel White Paints are great choices because of their high-quality formula and durability. It is easy to apply and dries quickly saving you lots of time. They both work on different surfaces and provide you with an ultra-matte and smooth finish. The paints are a must-try.
Picking the Right Color:
The Buying Guide is based on the color white for bookshelves, although there are many other colors, white bookshelves have become a staple. The color white is also available in different finishes but this guide focuses on the white matte finish which dries to a chalk-like finish. The color is very popular as it adds a pop of color to any room while complementing the walls
7 Preventive Measures That You Should Consider Before Buying or Using Matte Finish Paints
Buying good paint from a trusted brand can make a difference between a good result and a bad result. These top 2 brands are known to be great options for a matte finish and will provide you with long-lasting results. In this segment, we will detail some steps on best practices when applying white paint to bookshelves.
- Before you begin the painting process, make sure to gather all the necessary materials you’ll need to complete the painting process such as rags, cleaning products, and brushes.
- Although your bookshelves may not require priming and sanding before painting, it is recommended to at least give it a good clean so that the paint may adhere better. You can use a dishwasher or a natural solution such as vinegar and water to degrease it.
- Even if priming and sanding are not required, you can still choose to prime and sand if you think it’s needed for better results.
- When painting make sure you’re going with the grain for better results as this will make your bookshelves look smoother without the brush strokes. Also, dampen your brushes with water for a smoother application.
- Most people tend to not wear protective gear during the painting process, especially if using brushes or foams, or if the product is considered non-toxic but it’s optional, you can still choose to wear gloves, goggles, and masks if preferred.
- Although 1 to 2 coats are recommended, more coats may be required if the bookshelf is of a darker color, in this case, apply 2-3 coats of white paint so that the new color may stand out.
- As with every paint, make sure you shake it well before using it or check the label for instructions. Close well when not using as the paint may dry up if left open. Our top 2 picks will provide you with a high-quality, result.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
In this section, we hope to answer some of your concerns regarding the bookshelves painting process.
How do you paint with white chalk finish paint?
Although the process may seem difficult, the steps are quite simple. First, you need to clean the item, then consider if fillers, sanding, and priming are needed. Once you’re finished with the prep process, you can begin to paint your bookshelf, following the grains. Allow 1 hour in between coats and 24 hours for the paint to dry.
Is there a sealer for chalk finish paint?
Yes, there are but when it comes to sealing your paint, it’s actually not required. Sealers may change the finished look of your matte painting for a glossy one, which may not be your intended finish. But still, you can choose to seal your paint based on your needs.
The brand focuses on being a reliable source of high-quality paint and is passionate about inspiring others in expressing their ideas. FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Furniture & Craft Paint and Apple Barrel White Paints are our top recommended choices when it comes to white paint for bookshelves. They are budget-friendly and definitely live up to the expectation.