Some paints can be used to give Gundam models a more realistic look. So, following we will discuss the best paints for Gundam models.
Gundam figures became very popular back in the 1980s because of an animated series the Gundam company created around the same time depicting robots. Although it’s being a while, Gundam models remain popular and have evolved from normal toys to must-have collectible figures everyone wants. Most models require assembling and can be painted, although it is not required.
Most people tend to paint their Gundam models or Gundam kits to improve the finished look of the object. There are a ton of paints you can choose from, which may be confusing, the good news is that some paints are specifically designed for Gundam models, so finding your ideal paint shouldn’t be that hard.
Who Needs This Product?
Although you don’t have to paint the Gundam model, the option is available. If you’re the type of person who would like to add a pop of color to your model then these paints are definitely recommended for you. There may be a lot of paints available for you to choose from, in the end, it is important to choose paints that are considered reliable products. Paints with better quality will deliver better quality results.
These paints are also known for being affordable and are great for DIY painting projects. To many, adding paints to the models can also be used as protective coats besides highlighting certain parts of it. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro at painting, these paints will definitely come in handy as they are very easy to use. It is recommended, however, to practice on other types of models to avoid mistakes on your Gundam model if you’re a beginner.
What Do Readers will Learn?
They are many recommended paints available to use on Gundam models, this is why we created a guide with the top best paint options for your models. This is to narrow down the list and help you choose the perfect paint based on its features and best results. The guide will also mention the different benefits of the paints and why they are considered the best.
This article can also be used as a buying guide to help you choose the best paints at the most affordable prices. Choose the best paint based on features and benefits which we will detail in this post. We will also share best practices based on consumer reviews to help you achieve the best results so make sure you read this article until the end for product details, tips, and tricks, and answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Top 2 Best Paints to Use on Gundam Models
This list of the top 2 best paints for Gundam models will focus on two of the best paints available when it comes to these types of models. These products are very much recommended and are also very suitable for Gundam models. The list is based on key features of the product such as reliability and durability so that making the right buying decision easy for you, so let’s take a look at each one of them.
1. TAMIYA Panel Line Accent Color Black: Best Panel Line Accent for Gundam Models
In the Gundam model world, the Tamiya brand is very recognized and popular among painters. They are known to be less toxic plus a little goes a long way. It is normally applied using the handmade method but it can also be used with the airbrush method. The paint is designed to make your models look more realistic and beautiful.
- TAMIYA Panel Line Accent Color Black is very easy to apply and does great highlighting the details of your Gundam models.
- The paint has been pre-diluted into the perfect viscosity so application is easier in areas such as panel lines and small corners.
- TAMIYA Panel Line Accent Color Black is a reliable brand that offers great quality while improving the appearance of your Gundam models.
- The paint dries to a durable finish within an hour, although it is recommended to let the items dry for at least 24 hours.
- The paint is also versatile as it can be applied with brush, spray cans, or airbrushed.
- Trustable and reliable brand
- Easy to apply
- The product is affordable
- A little goes a long way
- Realistic finish
- Perfect finish
- Long-lasting results
- High-quality product
- Enamel based
- Can take a while to dry
- Can be volatile
Reasons to Buy
TAMIYA Panel Line Accent Color Black paints are known to be a reliable brand that is durable and also lasts long thanks to its enamel formula. The paint can be applied on almost all types of surfaces with a proper prep process and can dry to a glossy finish. It is a top-quality paint and provides great results in the end and it is definitely one of the best options when it comes to painting Gundam models.
2. Vallejo Acrylic Airbrush Paint Set: Best Airbrush Paint for Gundam Models
Vallejo Acrylic Airbrush Paints are known as an excellent product with high-quality performance and good pigmentations which fans of Gundam models love. The product is widely available and most model kits painters recommend it as it delivers great results and is considered to be very affordable. Vallejo Acrylic Airbrush Paints are also acrylic based which means it dissolves easily in water and dries faster.
- Vallejo Acrylic Airbrush Paints can be used on other surfaces besides Gundam model kits so it is definitely great to have available.
- The paint offers a quick-drying process to save you lots of time, especially since it’s acrylic-based and it provides a smooth and easy to clean surface.
- Results are noticeable with the first application although it may require multiple coats of paints for a smooth finish look.
- One of the great features of the Vallejo Acrylic Airbrush Paints is that it comes with a dropper that allows you to easily measure the amount of paint you need to use without wasting the paint.
- The Vallejo Acrylic Airbrush Paints brand is known to have one of the most extensive color selections and it is basically designed for airbrushing.
- Wide selection of colors
- Tends to dry faster because of its acrylic based formula
- Perfect for beginners since it is very easy to use
- Design with easy applicator
- Very popular brand
- High pigment concentration
- Comes with simple instructions of use
- Airbrush may be costly
Reasons to Buy
Vallejo Acrylic Airbrush Paints are one of the most recommended brands when it comes to model kits painting. It offers a high quality of mostly acrylic paints which are known to be vibrant and bright and the paint is easy to work with. The brand also offers additional products which you may need to work on your painting projects such as brushes and thinners which are optional.
Best Known Paints for Gundam Models : Buying Guide
We know it’s a lot of work that goes into your Gundam Models, so with this buying guide, our goal is to recommend the best paints available for model kits. Whether you’re trying to enhance or do some maintenance to your Gundam models, these pants are definitely the best options as they are known as trustable brands and deliver great results. These paints are great for your DIY painting projects as they are easy to apply and come with simple instructions.
In this buying guide, we will detail some specific features of each product, so that choosing the right product easy for you, based on your personal needs.
The Perfect Kind of Paint for Gundam Models
Most consumers would agree that TAMIYA Panel Line Accent and Vallejo Acrylic Airbrush Paints are great choices when it comes to Gundam models. The paints are formulated differently but offer great results, in the end, it comes down to personal needs and preferences. They are both reliable brands and you have the option to choose between acrylic paint and the enamel option.
The perfect paint is the one that provides you with the best results and these paints definitely live up to that expectation.
Quality of the Paint
TAMIYA Panel Line Accent and Vallejo Acrylic Airbrush Paints are considered top quality paints, they provide great results and are easy to use. A smooth finish can be achieved if proper tools are used. The paints can also be applied on different types of surfaces so it is a great idea to have them handy. It is also important to read the instructions on the label for best results as you want to make sure you are using the product properly. Most would recommend the airbrushing technique as it provides a beautiful finish.
Picking the Right Paint for Gundam Models
We previously mentioned that choosing the right paint will be based on your personal needs or what suits you best. Although they’re both top-quality brands, they both differ in type and price and your decision may be based on either option. In the end, it is important to learn about the features and benefits of each brand to make sure you choose the best option. The products may also differ in availability since the TAMIYA paints are basically from Japan and needs to be exported to the world, although according to the latest news, that may change and the product will be made available in different countries.
Preventive Measures That You Should Consider Before Buying or Using Gundam Models Paints
- If you have decided to paint your Gundam models, it’s important to know that they do require their surface to be prepped before the paint can be applied. This will help the paint adhere better to the surface.
- If using the airbrush method, make sure you are in a well-ventilated area so that the paint fumes may easily dissipate into the air. Also wear protective gear like masks and goggles but most painters focus on buying a good mask.
- If you decide to brush paint your Gundam models, then it’s important to use the right type of brush as this will provide you with the best results. For example, flat brushes are widely recommended to apply base coats while a smaller flat brush can be used to paint smaller details.
- To avoid your paints drying up and having them last longer, it is important to make sure you close them immediately after use, this will prevent the paint from being exposed to the air for too long which causes it to dry up.
- It is also important to take care of your brushes so that it is easier to apply the paint onto your items. Dip your brushes in water once done, this will prevent the paint from drying on the brush which can damage your brushes. Use soap to wash your brushes then rinse thoroughly with water.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do Gundam models need paint?
The short answer is no. Painting your Gundam models is optional and people tend to paint them to give them a more realistic look. This actually seems to be ok after spending lots of time putting your Gundam model together. Painting your models is also a great way to add your personal touch to your items.
Why are Gundam models so expensive?
Gundam models are particular to a certain company and there’s not much competition going on. This allows the company to price the items as it seems fit, which buyers seem to be ok with because of the quality of the items.
Overall, both TAMIYA Panel Line Accent and Vallejo Acrylic Airbrush Paints are recommended for Gundam models. The brands do focus on being a reliable source of high-quality paint for model kit lovers. The products are also excellent for beginners, as it is easy to use allowing you to work on your items as a DIY project. The paints are meant to provide your Gundam models with a more realistic look at a budget-friendly cost. We hope you check out these 2 top best paints and that you found this article helpful.