Getting the right cleaner for your airbrushes can be a challenge. On that note, let us examine our main focus, the best airbrush cleaners for acrylic paint.
If not properly cleaned, your airbrushes can get smudgy, and all sorts of dirt will accumulate on them, so it is crucial to clean them properly, which is why you need to have the best cleaners for your cleaning exercise.
Who Needs This Product?
Our mind is wired to think that any product associated with painting is a preserve of professional painters. However, there are times you would want to accomplish a small project all by yourself.
What Do Readers Will Learn?
Maintaining your airbrushes is not an easy task; in that regard, it is crucial to learn a few tricks and tips on cleaning your airbrushes. If you are still reading, you are about to discover the two best airbrush cleaners for acrylic paint.
Note that the two products reviewed in this article result from extensive research coupled with expert advice on the most suitable airbrush cleaners for acrylic paint. We have exhausted all available resources to ensure you get well-thought advice to help you make an informed decision when buying airbrush cleaners for acrylic paint.
The Best Two Airbrush Cleaners For Acrylic Paint
Because deciding on the most suitable airbrush cleaner is such a mind-boggling and lengthy process, Below is a comprehensive and well-analyzed list of available products in your local market. Check them out:
1. Iwata-Medea Airbrush Cleaner: Best for dissolving stubborn paint stains
Iwata-Medea Airbrush Cleaner is pretty effective for cleaning your airbrush. This cleaner is the best option for cleaning airbrushes of acrylic, watercolor, gouache, ink, or any other color. This cleaning fluid does not affect the environment, and additionally, it is non-toxic.
- Iwata-Medeais used as a cleaning agent on many artistic tools.
- It is also suitable for cleaning all sorts of artistic tools.
- It has a smart needle cap for preventing tip drying.
- It has no known environmental effects, and therefore it is safe to use.
- As it is odorless, you can work non-stop without any disturbance.
- It is an efficient cleaner with high precision.
- This remover is best for removing water based acrylic paint.
- Iwata-Medea is ready to use.
- It can be used directly or thinly.
- It is pretty effective on all types of airbrushes.
- It starts acting very fast and will give you a good result.
- The only downside with this product is that it is highly priced.
Reason to Buy
If you want a cleaning fluid that works well with acrylics, you should opt for Iwata-Medea airbrush cleaner. It acts pretty fast to remove acrylic paint from your airbrushes.
2. Angelus Brush Cleaner for Airbrushes: Best for use on fresh paint stains
Angelus Brush Cleaner is an effective cleaner if you are dealing with acrylic paints. This cleaner is non-toxic and contains appropriate additives that help in maintaining your airbrush. It will make your airbrush cleaning work easier.
- Angelus Brush Cleaneracts pretty quickly on acrylic paint.
- This is professional grade cleaner thatworks on all types of airbrush models.
- You can also use it for cleaning other types of machinery tools.
- It is safe to use on most synthetic materials.
It is safe for both synthetic and natural haired paint brush.
- Angelus is highly effective and gives perfect result on acrylic paint.
- It is environmental friendly.
- It will leave bristles soft and supple.
- It is ready to use upon purchase.
- It contains additives that help improve your airbrushes.
- As it is toxic free, it will do no harm to your skin.
- It is expensive.
Reason to Buy
Well, with the availability of many varieties of airbrush cleaners, Angelus has all the desired features that make it a good choice for use on your airbrushes.
Best Airbrush Cleaners For Acrylic Paint: Buying Guide
Whether you are using regular paintbrushes or airbrushes, one fact stands(cleaning your paintbrushes). Nevertheless, cleaning your airbrush can be a daunting task if you have no idea. That being said, let us jump into our subsequent discussion on some of the critical considerations whenever you want to buy the best airbrush cleaners.
Air Compressor of your airbrush
This component forms part of the most critical parts of your airbrush. For effective paint spray, air needs to be compressed for effective results. Therefore, look for a properly designed airbrush; it is recommended to buy one with no compressor tank for many reasons, one being that it is cost-effective.
Capacity/Reservoir of your airbrush
This is the storage capacity of your airbrush. The size of your painting project will determine the volume of the reservoir you need. The most recommended storage capacity for your paint should be anywhere between 2 to 10cc (cubic centimeters)
Choosing the right paint
Since your airbrush is capable of handling a variety of paints, it would be better to consider using water-based acrylic paints for the best results.
This is a crucial element to keep in mind whenever you are shopping for an ideal airbrush cleaner. Depending on how big your painting project is, be sure to buy an airbrush with the desired size of nozzles. Note that the nozzles are pretty fragile and can get damaged easily. be sure to have spares for replacement.
5 Must-Know Things When Choosing an Airbrush Compressor
The compressor is the most crucial part of your airbrush, so I took it upon myself to enlighten you on some of the essential tips you must know regarding an airbrush compressor. You may find it a little bit challenging for newbies to master all parts of your airbrush, mainly the air compressor and how it functions. However, below are five key considerations you should keep in mind.
1. Indeed, even with a bit of compressor, the sound will continually be a factor. Note that you may find it a bit difficult to do away with the noise produced by the compressor. However, you can get rid of that lingering sound by acquiring an automatic compressor.
The automatic compressor will suppress the disturbances up to a margin of about 75%. Regrettably, automatic compressors are a bit costly if you are operating on a tight budget. Always go for a compressor that will do the job and give you the results you want
2. Depending on the craftsman, you will realize that an assortment of components includes your compressor’s sole purpose. While more strength is desirable, if it is in excess, you may not get the results you want.
If you’re searching for a bit of enhancement with your little compressor touches like work of art nails, 10 LPM is above and beyond. If you are doing sophisticated paintwork using your airbrush, it would be best for you to consider using compressors that produce more force.
3. Whether you are a professional or a beginner, always be sure to minimize the occurrence of moisture on your compressor if you want the best results.
As the name implies, a dampness trap is a gadget that diminishes dampness by a considerable sum, prompting fewer paint layer deserts. Note that a humid environment will greatly impact the normal working of your compressor and eventually give you poor results.
4. The choice about whether to buy a blower with or without a tank depends on your financial plan and the particular occupation you have as a main priority. A blower with no tank is the least expensive choice and will work persistently while your artificially glamorous is being used. However, tragically, blowers with no tank are inclined to throb, which can prompt imperfections on your undertaking.
In any case, you can diminish the measure of vibration by utilizing a wound air hose related to the tankless blower. Depending on the craftsman, you will realize that an assortment of components includes your compressor’s sole purpose. While more strength is desirable, if it is in excess, you may not get the results you want.
Like a blower with no tank, a blower with a bit of tank, as Sparmax AC27, will work consistently. Nonetheless, in contrast to the blower with no tank, a little tank will dispose of a large portion of air vibration going from the blower’s cylinder to your artificially glamorized. Most light tanks are generally 0.3 liters, adding just a modest quantity of weight to your blower.
For artisans hoping to chip away at huge, tedious pieces in harmony and calm, pick the blower with the vast tank. These tanks are generally at least two liters, have zero vibrations, and will kill when you arrive at max pressure, regardless of whether they are artificially glamorized yet used. The enormous tank likewise has the additional advantage of diminishing the measure of dampness that the artificially glamorized tank is yielding.
5. For amateurs, having a pressing factor check on your blower is a need. While master specialists can pass judgment on the measure of pressing factor just by the varieties in shading emerging from the digitally embellish, learners will not have what it takes essential to pass judgment on pressure precisely by sight.
An alternative to the two best cleaners we highlighted in this article is rubbing alcohol (also known as isopropyl alcohol). First, wet the usable parts of your airbrush in rubbing alcohol. Then, be sure to clean the nozzle of your airbrush with rubbing alcohol before putting back the various aspects of your airbrush.
In addition to the fact that you are ready to tell precisely how much pressing factor you’re utilizing with a measure yet it additionally assists with telling you that your blower is working appropriately. In case you’re simply beginning, each blower you purchase, including a compact digitally embellished blower, ought to have a pressing factor check or, more than likely, you will not be painting as well as could be expected.
The controller is likewise simple; to put it plainly, a controller directs the measure of pressing factor shipped off the enhancement with Photoshop. For occupations that require an exact degree of change, controlling the action of packing elements will guarantee you’re utilizing the perfect sum. Tiny air controllers are additionally accessible for establishment straightforwardly on artificially glamorized bays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Painting poses many challenges to both professional and beginner painters; on that note, I had to surf through various sites on the internet for possible solutions to common challenges encountered by you painters. There are quite a number of questions that have not been unanswered for a long time. Let us have a look at some of the most commonly asked questions and their h possible answers.
Question. Is there a way to clean acrylic paint from an airbrush?
Answer. Since acrylic paint is alcohol-based, you may find it pretty easy to remove it from your airbrush. First, prepare a mixture of alcohol and water in the ratio of 2:1, then use the solution to clean your airbrushes.
Question. Which other cleaner can I use on my airbrush?
Answer. An alternative to the two best cleaners we highlighted in this article is rubbing alcohol (also known as isopropyl alcohol). First, wet the usable parts of your airbrush in rubbing alcohol. Then, be sure to clean the nozzle of your airbrush with rubbing alcohol before putting back the various aspects of your airbrush.
Question. Can I use isopropyl alcohol to thin acrylic paint for the airbrush?
Answer. The best bet whenever you want to thin acrylic paint is rubbing alcohol. Be sure to read usage instructions before mixing rubbing alcohol and Windex. A typical ratio to use when mixing alcohol and Windex is 1:1
Question. Do you have to clean your airbrush after every use?
Answer. To ensure that your airbrushes last relatively long, it is always better to consider doing a light cleaning when you are done with your painting project. Then, once a week, do a deep cleaning of your airbrush to get rid of any paint that has clogged in your airbrush.
Painting poses many challenges to both professional and beginner painters. Having looked at the best two airbrush cleaners for acrylic paint, I am inclined to recommend the Iwata-Medea Airbrush cleaner owing to its fabulous properties. That notwithstanding, the other option we looked at can also give pretty the same results if properly used. Maintaining your airbrushes is not an easy task; in that regard, it is crucial to learn a few tricks and tips on cleaning your airbrushes. Continue reading to learn more about the two best airbrush cleaners for acrylic paint.
Enjoy your painting endeavors!