If you are a beer pong game fanatic, it will help if you learn a few tips on how to paint a beer pong table. So let us start with the basics. Shouldn’t we?
We will give you detailed instructions on painting your beer pong table effortlessly. But first, let us have a look at some of the supplies you will need for your painting project.
- 1 Supplies Needed
- 2 Steps to paint a beer pong table
- 2.1 Step 1 : Gather your supplies in readiness for painting
- 2.2 Step 2 : Get your beer pong table ready for painting
- 2.3 Step 3:Getting rid of dirt from your beer pong table
- 2.4 Step 4 : Applying a primer to your table
- 2.5 Step 5: Covering specific parts on your beer pong table
- 2.6 Step 6: Applying your first coat
- 2.7 Step 7:Applying paint to the concealed parts
- 2.8 Step 8:Removing your masking tape
- 2.9 Step 9:Allow your paint to dry
- 3 Important Tips to note
- Be sure to have an alkyd color or chalkboard paint
- Painters tape/suitable masking tape
Steps to paint a beer pong table
Whether you are a staunch fan of beer pong or a painting artisan, it is necessary to learn the fundamentals of painting your beer pong table.
Step 1 : Gather your supplies in readiness for painting
The common understanding is that any painting project will require you to have your supplies and tools ready for your project. Set up your working space and assemble everything you need before you start your painting project. Most of this project will require you to use masking tape because there are parts that you are not going to paint.
Step 2 : Get your beer pong table ready for painting
- Prepare your table adequately for painting. Preparation at this stage will primarily involve cleaning and repair
- Be sure to do a few restorations on your table if needed. There are many products in your local market that you can use to repair damaged parts of your table.
- Ensure the table is smooth and ready for paint application. It would be helpful to sand your table for a more nuanced and smooth surface.
Step 3:Getting rid of dirt from your beer pong table
- Thereupon rubbing your table, you can now use a suitable cleaning agent to eliminate dust particles that might hamper your painting exercise.
- Ensure you clean every part of your table. Be sure to clean every corner of your table before embarking on your paint application.
Step 4 : Applying a primer to your table
- Like you would other painting projects, it is significant to apply a suitable primer to improve the sticking properties of your paint on your beer pong table.
- Be sure to use an even and heavy coat of your primer for promising outcomes.
Step 5: Covering specific parts on your beer pong table
- Your painter’s tape will come in handy to help you conceal particular spots on your beer pong table. Be sure to mask all the cables properly before applying the first coat of your lacquer.
- Note that you will have to make the spots bolder with color after you are done painting, so be cautious when applying paint to the other parts.
- Ensure the primer is fully dry before applying your paint for better bonding properties between your color and the table.
Step 6: Applying your first coat
- Apply the first coat just as any piece of painting would let dry before adding a subsequent layer. Note that a maximum of two layers can give you the results you want.
- Allow each layer to dry before applying a subsequent one.
Step 7:Applying paint to the concealed parts
- As indicated somewhere in this article, you will apply suitable paint on specific parts you covered earlier to make them more bold and visible.
- Ensure the color you applied earlier has satisfactorily dried before taking off your tape.
- We stated earlier that a lot of care is required on your part when removing the tape to avoid damaging your paintwork.
- Apply your white paint on the taped parts after carefully taking off your painter’s tape
- Be sure to use a suitable paintbrush for better results.
- It would be helpful to be a little more cautious when applying paint on taped parts of your beer pong table because you want to minimize any damage to your paintwork.
- Rushing through the painting process will only give you regrettable results.
- None of us wants to redo the whole exercise due to a mistake that you can easily avoid. Be sure to use a suitable paintbrush for better results.
Step 9:Allow your paint to dry
- Once you are sure that you have followed the above steps to the letter, you can now place your beer pong table in a suitable place and allow the paint to dry properly before using it.
- Examine your table for any painting flaws and rectify them before the paint dries completely. Then, of course, you can always go over the whole exercise as many times as possible to attain the best standards possible.
Important Tips to note
- Masking tape/painter’s tape is a must-have tool before you embark on your painting project because you will use it to conceal certain parts on your beer pong table.
- Examine your table for any paint flaws and rectify them immediately before the paint dries out. Of course, you want nothing but a professionally painted beer pong table.
- Always read all the instructions regarding the usage of your supplies before you begin your painting exercise; this way, you will minimize the occurrence of possible mistakes while painting your table.
- Reading instructions is also a great way to understand critical information of the most appropriate paint use on your beer pong table.
- Ensure you study the initial coats properly on your beer pong table before applying fresh paint, and this is one way of avoiding substandard paintwork.
- Always select the best paints for use on your beer pong table. It might help you seek professionals’ service before you erroneously apply any color to your table.
- Alternatively, you can pay a professional artist to do the work for you.
When it is a painting question, you may realize that some projects are quite demanding and engaging. On that note, applying paint on a beer pong table requires you to have more than the correct supplies.
It would be better to learn a few tips and tricks regarding this topic coupled with the information in this article, and within a short while, you will master the art of painting a beer pong table like a pro.