Are you in search of the best paint for motorcycle plastics? Your wait is over. Let’s have a look at this article to find the best spray paints.
In a daily life routine, it’s normal to paint somewhere. For example, in our everyday life, we have to maintain the attractiveness of our automobiles because they sometimes lose it due to cracks and damages on their surface. To make the surface smoother, the best idea is to paint the surface if you can’t afford a new one.
Who Needs this product?
It’s not possible that you bring professional painters every day to paint even your small piece. It’s too costly and also disturbing. However, those who want to paint the plastic of an automobile can buy this product. It’s the best paint for motorcycle fairings and can be easily applied on your bicycles or cars or wherever they want.
It is best for those who wanna:
- Cover the cracks or peeling paint.
- Get protective coating to protect their automobile, such as cars, from damage.
What Do Readers Will Learn?
When you go to buy the spray paint, you must know this product. So, before purchasing this product, let’s have a look at these products. When you go through the whole article, you will be able to:
- know where to use the product
- Identify specific features
- Gain knowledge of its durability & advantages
- Pros and cons
You can also compare both sprays and find the best among them.
Two best paint for motorcycle plastic:
Spray paint is no doubt the quickest way to spray. Many people prefer spray paint because they are easily applicable and get satisfactory results. When you search for spray paints on the internet, you can find thousands of websites that will give you many options. Indeed, it’s a difficult task to see which spray paint is best in all those options. To solve your problem, we have the two best spray paints applicable to automobiles, leather, vinyl, and plastics. Yeah! These products are applicable on all these surfaces. How wonderful!
Now move forward and check the features of both spray paints. Their advantages, features, pros, and cons are all available so that you can easily distinguish the perfect spray according to your need.
1. ColorBond (119) Ford Black LVP Leather: Best Vinyl & Hard Plastic Refinisher Spray Paint
This spray paint has been specifically manufactured for those who want to finish any surfaces, whether leather, vinyl, or plastic. In all these surfaces, it will give excellent results.
- ColorBond Leather, Vinyl & Hard Plastic Refinisher is the best spray for those whose door is getting cracked or giving an odd look. When you spray doors, you can see your door is looking astonished.
- The product is OEM specified (original equipment manufacturer specified). That’s why it’s reliable as genuine parts. So, you can get this if you’re looking for a better value.
- Features the high-quality at 16-ounce size and 12 fluid ounce volume
For protecting your car’s interior, you can use this spray. You will get an inspiring finish look and protection to be proud of the results you will get. You can cover the peel area with this spray.
- You can use it on your car seats or door panels in cars, or you can also use dashboards. Not only those you can use it on almost everywhere. It’s the best feature of this spray.
- It’s best to stick with not only plastic but also with leather.
- Not only is the product awesome to use, but willing to serve you for a long time.
- It can be used as the best paint for motorcycle fairings.
- Not be flake, peel, or crack
- Stick within quick 10 minutes
- It can be applied on various surfaces Leather, Vinyl, and Plastic paint for auto interior
- Give a graceful appearance after painting vinyl.
- Has molecular bond that sticks with color
- Wastage of paint while spraying
Reason to buy:
This product is exciting to buy because it’s OEM specified. It will provide you with quick-drying and lasting results. The product will never make you regret your decision to choose it.
2. Krylon K02320007 Fusion: Especially for Plastic surfaces:
Krylon Fusion for plastics is no doubt the best paint for motorcycle plastics. Not only on plastic, but it can also give you a protective layer on many surfaces.
- Made in the US
- Boosts EZ Touch dial spray tip of 360-degree
- Boost an amazing size of 12 ounces and volume of 12 fluid ounce
- It’ll take 1 hour to be fully cured to be perfect for use
- Compatible to any condition due to its durable gloss coating
- Don’t show peeling or aging signs.
- Krylon Fusion is a magic bond for plastics by showing a great result without flaking off.
- This spray is best to paint on many surfaces, but it can also be considered the best paint for ceramic, glass, wicker, paper, plaster, hard vinyl, metal, and plastic.
- No need for so many steps; the procedure is simple.Yah! You don’t need sanding or priming. Just pick up spray and start painting your surface.
When you paint the surface after drying, you can see it’ll give you a smooth finish.
- You will be fast and impressive without any problem. This product can spray your paint very smoothly and makes it dry within 10 to 15 minutes. Moreover, not only drying you can handle or use your surface after 2 hours.
- Fix with resins, plastics, leather, and PVC
- Quickly dry
- Fully chip-resistant after seven days
- Durable and versatile
- Smudge-proof and moisture resistant
- Maintain the real beauty
- It is not rust-resistant
- Wastage of spray while painting
Reason to buy:
The one thing that makes it the best spray paint is its versatility and durability. These two qualities, along with fast-drying, make it highly valuable.
Best Paint For Motorcycle Plastics: Buying Guide
When you go to buy any spray paint, these things are essential to keep in mind. When all these features are fulfilled, then your spray will prove the best paint for motorcycle fairings. What are these features? Let’s take a look at all these features.
Quality of paint:
The most important thing to consider while buying your motorcycle paint is analyzing quality. Nothing matters anymore if your product is of low quality. So, when you’re feeling any spray paint, you check if it will be capable of meeting your expectations. Durability is the key factor in analyzing quality. So, don’t forget to check this. Moreover, check out if it will be able to reach the glow level you want.
You can find two types, the first is pure shiny, and the other is a matte look. In the case of spray paint, you can not choose any of the above. But in plastics, you have to choose something in between them because some are shiny or flat. In short, a semi-gloss look is a good choice to apply, and it will give you a highly attractive look.
Resistance of moisture:
If you’re buying spray paint for a sensitive project, don’t dare to avoid the importance of this feature. Your whole effort will go in vain if the paint will not be moisture resistant by spoiling when touched.
Never do ignore the mixture quality while buying spray paint. If you buy cheap quality cans, then you will face several problems. The main problem you will face is clogged nozzles. This problem is the result of the inefficiency and improper manufacturing of the paint. Or it may be expected that the spray paint you will get will expire. In case of expiry, clogs will appear in your cans. So, keep in mind to always choose the best mixture of quality paint for excellent results.
In the market, many sprays are available that will give you different spraying times. Some paints dry within 10 minutes, and some paints dry for a day or more. We don’t have enough time in a world full of hurry, so always opt for the best spray paint that can give you less drying time.
Quality of the Can:
It seems unimportant to look at the can quality, but it’s an integral part while buying. A good quality clog will not clog while, on the other hand, it will produce clogs if you choose cheap quality.
When choosing to cover the dents and Socrates on the plastics, you should opt for the dark color for this purpose. A dark spray will manage these scratches in a better way than litter.
Different spray paints are available for different surfaces. So choose the versatile spray paint.
Tips while painting the motorcycle plastic paints:
Use high-quality paints:
If you use cheap quality paints, this will temporarily give you results and stick to the paint. Peeling will start from the surface and will fade after a time.
Wash the plastic after painting:
When the paint dries, washing your dirt bike is an important factor to consider while finalizing the project. Due to this, your paint will stick to the surface in a better way while giving a cleaner look.
Don’t touch until it dries:
Not to touch the paint until it dries completely. The paint we have discussed above needs only a few minutes to dry. So be aware not to touch the paint during this time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Krylon Fusion spray paint oil-based?
The simple answer is no because Krylon is solvent-borne and doesn’t have oil in its composition. We can also call it “acrylic enamel.” It requires a solvent that can readily evaporate to touch-dry quickly.
Is Krylon Fusion Good for fabric?
Yeah! It not only gives its smooth finish look on plastics but leathers also on many more, including fabrics. So you’ll see the same results as you see on plastics.
What is the best spray paint for vinyl?
When we keep vinyl in front of us, ColorBond LVP Refinisher Spray Paint is the best spray. Although many more sprays are also available in the market that is also good to spray, no one can beat the level of ColorBond.
Do I need sanding and priming before applying spray paint?
When we have other spray bottles, it’s essential to sand and primer the surface for getting satisfactory results. But in the above two spray paints, there is no need to prime and sand the surface. Therefore, it is the best advantage of the above two spray paints that will save your time.
Can I use spray paint on my bike?
When your bike plastics become peel or fade, you can cover them with spray paint. Use the above two spray paints specially made for motorcycle plastics—these paints bond to the surface for providing your bike a fresh look.
Above the article, you have gone through all the details of the above two spray paints. All the features and pros along with cons are in front of you. You can go through all the features of both articles and find the suitable paint according to your need. As per the experiences and review, Krylon K02320007 Fusion For Plastic Aerosol Spray Paint is the best because it has much more properties than ColorBond (119), and it also sticks to the surface in a better way. It’s only my decision you can opt for anyone. It depends upon which quality you’re looking for or which factor means more to you. But last, I conclude by saying that both these paints will prove the best paints for motorcycle plastics.